Sunday 1 January 2012

Hippy New Year

Before - shaggy walls adorned only by TJ and his measuring tape
Too tired to type much.  It's 10pm, still over 30 degrees and we spent most of the day building.

East wall interior - 1st batch of mud render
I spent the day rendering the inside of the shed, where even without doors and windows, the mud walls keep the temperature stable.

Curve
It never fails to surprise me the difference render makes to the wall, and how easy it is to make lovely shapes.  I curved the window sill to stop people using it as a shelf for the pleasant aesthetic.

The other great thing about the first coat of render is that it forgives all sins.  The first coat is bulked up with sugar cane mulch so I can use it to fill all the holes and gaps in the wall, and smooth out the shaggy bits at the top where we shoved straw into the wall by hand.

Lunch break
I think this is the last full day of render I will do.  It's tough work, pushing the mix into the wall all day.  I think half days are a better idea if I'm going to last two weeks.

End of day - nearly four panels done

No comments:

Post a Comment